Wednesday, April 7, 2010

École le Bon Samaritain Reopens in Tent


Jean-Elie Millien called last evening and he told me the school has reopened in the tent provided by the Stamford Police Department in the courtyard behind the damaged school building. Classes are being held only for 5th & 6th graders right now.


Another piece of property has been made available to EBS as well. Arrangements are being made to clear the rubble from the site with the expectation that we will set up several more tents to be used as classrooms there. Once that site is ready, 3rd & 4th graders will be welcomed back.


Save the Children has been extremely helpful lately and EBS is now a school associate with that organization. They have made two generous donations of milk for the students.


The clinic continues to serve a limited number of people--69 yesterday--using local medical staff. Jean-Elie is still in Haiti, although he plans to return to the States on April 15 and to attend the consecration of Connecticut's 15th Bishop, The Rev'd Dr. Ian Douglas, on April 17th. I have invited Jean-Elie to celebrate and preach at Old St. Andrew's on Sunday, April 18th. All are welcome to attend (10 o'clock).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My apologies: I have been sick as a dog for the past eight days, and I'm still not at full speed. I didn't even have the juice to post a Happy Easter message. Sorry. I plan to take the rest of the week off with the hope I'll come back strong on Sunday. Thanks for your understanding. 
Puck

No comments:

Post a Comment