Monday, March 22, 2010

Good Samaritan Rebuilding Fund - THE VIDEO


We now have a nice 9 minute video showing what the Good Samaritan Rebuilding project has been all about. The clip was inspired by Sue Vogelman, Youth Director at Trinity, Newtown, when she put together an outstanding short PowerPoint presentation. She took pictures and quotes from the Blog and website and crafted a nice piece.


When I talked with a few people about using Sue's work, I was advised to do a voice-over instead of having the viewers read words and look at photos. The impact, I came to understand, of the pictures is most important and the spoken word can augment those images.


Joanne Kimball used Sue's start and wrote an excellent script. I did the voice-over yesterday afternoon and the home sound studio of our friend musician Cory Gabel. Old St. Andrew's parishioner, Chris Fisher, served, as usual, as media advisor. And so, the video is on the website and here. I'm trying to get it added to the template of the Blog so it's always on top.


This week alone, I'll be presenting it in three different venues: on Tuesday evening with a united Haitian American Society group of architects and engineers, at a Seder with my friend Rabbi Stephen Landau at the Capitol in Hartford on Wednesday afternoon at 4 p.m., and with the children at C.S. 211 in the Bronx on Friday. 


Anybody who wants a copy can download it from my MobileMe Gallery: http://gallery.me.com/puckpurnell#100247


Please use this Video to tell our story to all your friends. Remember, we're just beginning. This will be a long haul. With your support, École le Bon Samaritain in Carrefour will be rebuilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment