Thursday, January 28, 2010

(update Thursday, January 28 - 3.10 p.m.)
Team 2 has arrived at the guest compound/clinic and unloaded all of the medical supplies, food, gasoline, and other materials. They are now on an orientation walk through the neighborhood and taking a look at the School.



I have just learned that Episcopal Bishop Jean-Zache Duracin's wife, Edith, needs our prayers. Edith is Mona's sister and the mother of nine. Her leg was badly hurt in the earthquake and despite two operations, it is not healing as it should. Pascale Millien-Faustin, Edith's Goddaughter, emailed, "I've been having flash backs on the good old times when she used to care for me, teaching me about the bible, and the book of common prayer.  Good memories!" 


"Additionally, one of the Jet Blue clerks who helped Team 2 shared that she had lost 12 members of her own family ... and has been on therapy ... so many lost ... Yesterday was her first day back to work since Jan 12," according to Pascale. "I tell you, my heart melted down hearing her story."


This afternoon I'll be going through some pictures that came back with Danelie on Monday. I'm not sure how to post them but will get some help from Randy Lee, our web maven.

1 comment: